In Year 5, our Autumn 1 topic is…
What were the Ancient Egyptians’ biggest achievements?
This half term, Year 5’s creative topic learning will focus on the Ancient Egyptian civilisation.
We will be studying things such as: why the river Nile was so important, what everyday life was like, their religious beliefs (pharaohs and gods), how they respect and treat the dead and much more!
Our HOT topic questions are:
- Where is Ancient Egypt located?
- How long ago was the Ancient Egyptian civilisation (when did it start and end?)
- What impact did the river Nile have on the development of the settlement?
- Who was in charge and were these rulers respected by the people?
- How did the roles of women/men and rich/poor differ?
- Why were the pyramids built and did this link to their religious beliefs?
Our class novel is The Story of Tutankhamun and The Egyptian Cinderella.
What can you find out more about this famous Pharaoh? Also, can you compare the traditional fairy-tale with this alternative version?
Click here to download a list of suggested reading books for Year 5
Use these online games (or app) to practise your mental maths skills:
Creative Topic Web – Click below
Year 5 Long Term Plan – Click below