Welcome to Year 4!
Mrs Smith, Mrs Machin and the Year 4 children welcome you to our class page!
Our Summer 1 topic is: Why is 1066 an important date in history?
Topic Web – Topic Web Summer 1 2022
Topic knowledge organiser- Normans Knowledge Organiser
Science knowledge organiser – Sound Knowledge Organiser
Key HOT questions for our topic:
- What is the Bayeux Tapestry?
- How did the Normans change Britain?
- Why are Motte and Bailey castles a key part of Norman history?
- How were Norman children’s lives different to yours?
- What is the Feudal System?
- Where did Normans travel from during their conquest?
- Why was Edward the Confessor to blame for the events of 1066?
This term’s areas of learning:
|Writing||Tales of Fear based on The Firework Maker’s Daughter by Phillip Pullman|
|Reading||Whole class reading focussing on Anglo-Saxon Boy by Tony Bradman|
|Maths||Decimals, money and time|
|Creative curriculum||Coats of Arms, sketching kings and textiles including The Bayeux Tapestry|
|PE||ASM PE lessons weekly (PE kits every Thursday please!)|
If you are isolating due to Covid, please visit your Showbie page daily to find new work and get feedback. This is also where the homework will be posted.
We recommend that your child also regularly accesses the following learning platforms:
- Times Table Rock Stars
- Reading Eggs
- Purple Mash
- Top Marks (Hit the Button)
- Oxford Owl (free E-Books!)
- BBC Bitesize (a brilliant learning resource!)
- Link to Year 3/4 Statutory Spellings- Look, cover, say, write, check.
- A list of suggested reading books for Year 4 children. –https://schoolreadinglist.co.uk/reading-lists-for-ks2-school-pupils/suggested-reading-list-for-year-4-pupils-ks2-age-8-9/
- Supporting well-being is super important right now. Here’s a great website to lots of free well-being activities…. https://www.elsa-support.co.uk/category/free-resources/
- Stay fit and healthy with some sporty challenges with ASM! –> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw3adMR45pFcwVUrii4WGKw