Welcome to Year 4
Our Autumn 1 topic is ‘Why is London such a cool place to live?‘
Some key questions to consider:
- How does tourism affect London’s population?
- Why is the River Thames so important to the city?
- How has London changed over time?
- Can you compare London to Stoke-on-Trent?
- Where would you go if you visited London for a day?
- If you could build a landmark in London,. what would it be and why?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of living in London?
Please have a look at our Autumn 1 topic web where you can find out more about this term’s learning:
Homework and Spellings
Homework is sent home every Thursday and is due in the following Thursday. Please support your child with completing their homework. It is vital that learning continues outside of the classroom. You can find a copy of our Autumn 1 homework menu below:
Spellings are given out each Friday and are tested the following Friday. Please support your child with practising them at home.
Year 4 PE sessions take place on Wednesday afternoons and ASM led PE sessions take place every Thursday morning.
Please ensure that your child has their PE kit in school on PE days.
- In English, we are reading The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane. We will be writing Information Texts and Losing Tales.
- In maths, we are focusing on place value and the four operations.
- Our science topic this half term is teeth and digestion.
Please ensure that your child is engaging in their reading book at home. We ask that grown ups write in their child’s blue reading diary at least three times before sending reading books back to school to be changed. Reading books are usually changed on Wednesday afternoons however, children are welcome to read books from our classroom reading corner whilst they wait for a new reading book from the library.
Take a look at our class curriculum here