Welcome to Reception Class
Home learning Summer 2 week 1
I hope everyone is safe and well.
Can you guess what this weeks focus might be by looking at the pictures below?
Yes you have guessed it right! This weeks topic is FOOD!
Are you ready for our fun learning this week?
Great! If you have Showbie, log in and have a go at the activities Mrs Guney has set for you to do if not then click on week 1 Food learning pack which is packed with fun filled learning! Parents if you are struggling with supporting your child and do not know where to start with their learning. I have attached a timetable where it should guide you and your child on what to do. Children work best if they work 15-minutes intervals of learning throughout the day and when it is consistent. I do hope this helps.
If you are unable to access the live links on the home learning pack, you can easily find them below.
Have fun Reception and keep safe!
Mrs Guney and Mrs Wright.
Just click on the live links below:
Phonics learning links:
Read write Inc new phonics timetable is here, just click here to access timetable for phonics.
Daily Phonics live starts at 9:30 for all set groups from now on.
- Daily Phonics live: Read Write Inc.
- Phonics Play: it has amazing games that the children love to play, especially the Buried Treasure game with Obb and Bob.
- Phonics Bloom
Reading and Literacy learning links:
Books that needs to be read or listened to are:
|‘Oliver’s Vegetables’ by Vivan French
‘Oliver’s Fruit Salad’ by Vivan French
‘Handa’s Surprise’ by Eileen Browne
‘The Tiger Who Came To Tea’ by Judith Kerr.
You can also do extra reading tasks and activities on the Oxford Owl and Reading Eggs:
- Oxford Owl – free E-books, that could be accessed online for free)
- Reading Eggs – Please check each week and try to complete the challenges set.
- Myon – You can find amazing range of books that could be read to your child online. Click here for a book about the life cycle of a butterfly.
- Collins Books – You can also access decodable books that supports your child’s blending and reading. Once you have accessed the website, they have provided the username and password that you can use for free. You can find out your child’s reading band by looking at the books sent home with them. If you do come across any difficulties then please do not hesitate to email me.
Maths learning links:
White Rose Maths we are on week 5, please click the link below to access it directly to that week.
- White Rose Maths: you can access the PowerPoint’s that are updated everyday linking to stories.
- Number Fun Live (every weekday from 10 am)
- Number Blocks
Play the numberblocks game add and subtract here.
Physical Development activities and learning links:
- Dough Disco! Move the funky fingers to the rhythm of the music!
- PE- ASMSports is on youtube you can access their videos online by clicking here! You can also access their Facebook page. You can also encourage your child to join in live with Joe Wicks everyday at 9am.
- Cosmic Yoga
- BBC Bitesize Resources for Early Years.
Writing challenge for this week!
Are you reading for this weeks writing challenge?
What can you see in the picture below? Have a go at writing a list of things you see in the picture below. What fruit did Oliver and Oliver’s family put in their fruit salad?
Below are keywords that you can use to write your sentences. Remember when writing your sentence you use your best handwriting and see if you can write on the line.
Use your capital letters at the beginning of your sentence, finger spaces between your words and full stop when you have finished your sentence. Don’t forget to use your Fred fingers to sound out the words and form your letters correctly!
Key words you may want to use: Oliver, mum, grandpa, grandma.