This term our topic is …
How do we celebrate?
We will be thinking about a wide range of celebrations including Bonfire night, Diwali, Hanukkah and Christmas.
- What occasions do you celebrate? Who do you celebrate with?
- What special food do you eat for your celebrations?
- Why do we celebrate these special occasions?
- What kind of Christmas traditions do you have?
- Explain to a friend what your favourite celebration is, and why you like it.
This half term, we will be thinking about:
- Writing our name, starting with a capital letter.
- Forming the letters we have learnt using their correct letter formation.
- Writing lists using initial sounds.
- Using our phonic knowledge to help us segment and blend CVC word e.g. c-a-t.
- Counting forwards and backwards to 10.
- Recognising, ordering and writing numbers to 5.
- Exploring number facts.
- Practise our ‘subitising’ skills – develop our ability to instantaneously recognise the number of objects in a small group without the need to count them.
Extra activities to try at home:
We are working hard to practise our blending skills for reading. Practise blending using the Phase 2 games ‘Buried Treasure’ and ‘Dragons Den’ (Sets 1-4):
In Reception, we love reading!
Click here to find out the 100 picture books to read before you are five – How many have you read?
Click here to find out about the featured books for 3+
We have learnt the actions to the story of the ‘We’re Going on a Bear Hunt’. Watch the video and join in here.
Here are some websites that you might find useful:
- Phonics Play
- Phonics Bloom
- Oxford Owl
- Dough Disco! Move the funky fingers to the rhythm of the music!
- ASM Sports
- Cosmic Yoga
- BBC Bitesize Resources for Early Years
- White Rose Maths
You should now have your login Login details for the following sites:
Topic Webs 2020-2021
|Who lives in your house (Autumn 1)|
|How do we celebrate ? (Autumn 2)|
For Reception Long Term Plan please click here