This term our topic is …
Happy and Healthy
We will be focusing on the story of ‘Jack and the Beanstalk.’
We will also be looking at our focus author, Vivian French. She has written books including Oliver’s Fruit Salad, Oliver’s Vegetables and Oliver’s milkshake.
Are you healthy? What does healthy mean to you?
Being healthy means being in good physical or mental condition.
How do you stay healthy?
- What might be at the top of the beanstalk? Do you think Jack was scared when he climbed the beanstalk?
- What do you know about Giants– What features to Giants have? What food do Giants eat?
- What are Giants scared of?
- Did Jack do the right thing? Should he have taken the objects from the Giant?
This half term, we will be thinking about:
- Forming the letters we have learnt using their correct letter formation including capital letters.
- Reading and writing RWI set 2 sounds.
- Spell words by identifying the sounds in them and representing the sounds with letters.
- Writing a simple sentence – using a capital letter, finger spaces and full stop.
- Recognise tricky words (red words)
- Counting forwards and backwards to 20.
- Recognising, ordering and writing numbers to 10.
- Exploring number facts to 10.
- Automatically recall number bonds up to 5 including subtraction facts.
Extra activities to try at home:
We are working hard to practise our blending skills for reading. Practise blending using the Phase 2 games ‘Buried Treasure’ and ‘Dragons Den’ (Sets 1-4):
In Reception, we love reading!
Click here to find out the 100 picture books to read before you are five – How many have you read?
Click here to find out about the featured books for 3+
We have learnt the actions to the story of the ‘We’re Going on a Bear Hunt’. Watch the video and join in here.
Here are some websites that you might find useful:
- Phonics Play – Try a phonics game
- Phonics Bloom – Which sounds can you recognise?
- Oxford Owl – Which ebook will you read?
- Dough Disco! Move the funky fingers to the rhythm of the music!
- ASM Sports – Which skill will you try?
- Cosmic Yoga – Which is your favourite Yoga activity?
- Feeling Better – Explore some different feelings.
For a range of links in different subject visit BBC Bitesize
Visit White Rose Maths Home Learning
Topic Webs 2020-2021
|Who lives in your house (Autumn 1)||How Do You Scare A Dragon (Spring 1)||Happy and Healthy (Summer 2)|
|How do we celebrate ? (Autumn 2)||Was Goldilocks kind? (Spring 2)|
For Reception Long Term Plan please click here