Welcome to Reception Class!
Hello! I am Mrs Hewitt. I am very excited to be your Reception Teacher. I know that school has been a bit different recently and that you haven’t been able to come and visit us but I have been busily preparing to welcome you for when you join school in September.
Keep exploring books, counting, mark making and having fun over the holidays – and have a rest ready for our new adventures…
Summer Holiday Learning
Help keep up your skills and get ‘Reception Ready’ here.
There are 2 optional home learning packs for you to complete at your own pace during the Summer Holidays. This will help to keep key skills and knowledge ticking over ready for September.
In Reception, we love reading!
Click here to find out the 100 picture books to read before you are five – How many have you read?
Click here to find out about the featured books for 3+
Here are some websites that you might find useful:
- Phonics Play
- Phonics Bloom
- Oxford Owl
- Dough Disco! Move the funky fingers to the rhythm of the music!
- ASM Sports
- Cosmic Yoga
- BBC Bitesize Resources for Early Years
- White Rose Maths
During the first few weeks in September we will be issuing Login details for the following sites:
This term our topic is …
Who lives in your house?
- Who is in your family? Do you have any brothers or sisters? or maybe even Pets?
- What is a family? Why are all families different? Why is it okay to be different?
- Where do you live? Are there any shops nearby? Is it close to school?
- What do you like doing at home? Why?
- Who are your friends? Why are they your friends? How did you meet them?
Topic Webs 2020-2021
|Who lives in your house? (Autumn One)|
For Reception Long Term Plan please click here