Welcome to Reception Class!
Hello! I am Mrs Hewitt. I am very excited to be your Reception Teacher. I know that school has been a bit different recently and that you haven’t been able to come and visit us but I have been busily preparing to welcome you for when you join school in September.
Keep exploring books, counting, mark making and having fun over the holidays – and have a rest ready for our new adventures…
Help keep up your skills and get ‘Reception Ready’ here.
This term our topic is …
Who lives in your house?
- Who is in your family? Do you have any brothers or sisters? or maybe even Pets?
- What is a family? Why are all families different? Why is it okay to be different?
- Where do you live? Are there any shops nearby? Is it close to school?
- What do you like doing at home? Why?
- Who are your friends? Why are they your friends? How did you meet them?
This half term, we will be thinking about:
- Making and building relationships
- Exploring our new environment.
- Learning our RWI Set 1 phonics sounds.
- Writing our name with a capital letter.
- Using our phonic knowledge to help us segment and blend CVC word e.g. c-a-t.
- Using number names correctly.
- Recognising, ordering and writing numbers to 5.
In Reception, we love reading!
Click here to find out the 100 picture books to read before you are five – How many have you read?
Click here to find out about the featured books for 3+
Here are some websites that you might find useful:
- Phonics Play – Try a phonics game
- Phonics Bloom – Which sounds can you recognise?
- Oxford Owl – Which ebook will you read?
- Dough Disco! Move the funky fingers to the rhythm of the music!
- ASM Sports – Which skill will you try?
- Cosmic Yoga – Which is your favourite Yoga activity?
- Feeling Better – Explore some different feelings.
For a range of links in different subject visit BBC Bitesize
Visit White Rose Maths Home Learning
Topic Webs 2021-2022
|Who lives in your house (Autumn 1)|
For Reception Long Term Plan please click here